Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hi Ho Hi Ho It's Off To Work I Go...

I'm heading back to work in less than 3-weeks (2/23) and while I'm excited to get back to the grindstone, I'm sad to leave my Peanut & Nugget at home. I have to say that the past 3+ months have been the hardest of my life (no one can ever tell you that raising twins is easy), no work that I've done before has been this difficult AND rewarding. I still can't believe that I carried and gave birth to two little perfect babies, and now I can't believe how fast the time is going and how big their getting (even though they're still the size of a large newborn). When I head back on the 23rd I'm going to be working only 4-days each week and will keep early hours (7-3), so it will give me more time at home with Emma & Robin. We hired a nanny named Kristy, who is amazing and is really good (and calm) with the girls. I feel very good leaving them at home with her while I'm working hard for the money! Jeremy will be making some changes to his schedule, going in about 1/2-hour later than normal (leaving at 7:30 am), so he'll see the Tater Tots off every morning! I'm a little nervous about heading back to Shawmut, due to the economy the company has been forced to make a number of changes and has laid off a good portion of the workforce since I left on October 17th. I know it will be a totally different company to come back to, and I look forward to the new challenges that lay ahead...it will definitely keep me on my toes! Here's the daily report on Emma & Robin - Last night Mommy went out for dinner with Auntie Rozzie and Suzanne, while Daddy stayed home and held down the fort. It was so fun for me, and Aunt Jana & Uncle Keith made a surprise visit and helped Daddy out with the bedtime feeding. I made it back in time for bedtime kisses! The girls went to bed around 8:45 pm and slept until 6am (woke them up for a big bottle) and then slept again until 8:45 am. They are getting to be good sleepers and I'm very impressed with this (and thankful)! I do not miss the middle of the night feedings, but do wish the girls would nap better during the day. I'm trying to get them on a nap schedule, but it's been a little difficult. They don't wan to sleep at the same time every day, so sometimes it's a struggle and they only get in some catnaps. Hopefully Kristy can help us with a better schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment