- Everytime I change my son's diaper, he laughs. It's not a hysterical laugh, more of a "heh-heh, I know what you're doing" - it's weird!
- How come my almost 2-year old cannot keep her binky in while she's in her crib, yet she won't take it out of her mouth when she's out of her crib?
- Someone needs to tell the baby clothes designers that: buttons up the back do not make it easy to change baby's diapers or get them dressed. I have now gotten rid of all 1-piece outfits that only buttons up the back...us parents don't have time for this.
- My husband and I have lived in 2 places together, my old condo in Boston and our house here in Waltham. Our neighbors in Waltham have twin daughters. Our neighbors in Boston (hi James & Maria) had twins almost 1-year after Emma & Robin were born. Coincidence or just another unexplained phenomenon?
- I received a beautiful painting of the house I grew up in for my wedding. It's hanging in my downstairs bathroom and the kids get to look at it a lot! Every time I change Emma or Robin they point to the picture and say "Kitty Cat" and start meowing. It's weird, because most people can't even see the cats in the photo. They also point to me and say "home"...I never told them it was my home!
- All of my kids LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to hear me sing; I am their American Idol, but I can't carry a tune! I used to hook up the microphone to the Wii and perform, it was always "You Are My Sunshine" and it gets them to stop crying, screaming, and makes them quiet...I feel like a superstar.
- I drive a big, bad, blue minivan that I call the "Loser Cruiser" - it's totally pimped out, I could live in it. Just 4 years ago I made fun of my Cousin Andi for her Big Red Van...I repent!
- Every single night between 8:15 pm and 8:30 pm some one drives down my street with their window open and their dog barking. This is every night, and this is how I know what time it is.
- I think my husband is hilarious...even when he pisses me off, it's still funny. What's even more funny, he taught the girls to say "Mommy, calm down", and they think it's a riot.
Monday, September 6, 2010
The kids are all sleeping, the laundry has been put away, the dishes have been cleaned and I'm procrastinating! Thought I'd share a bunch of random thoughts, that I think are either: funny, interesting, sad or just cute: