Thursday, December 3, 2009

Emma's 1st Haircut & Friendlys

If you've seen Emma in the past month or so, you know that her hair is out of control. Everyone has been commenting on how she needs a haircut (duh, you think I don't know), but realistically I did not want to pay someone $20 to make a few snips. On the other side, I know how clumsy and B.I.A.C.S. (bull in a china shop) I am, so I wasn't too keen on doing it myself. I finally broke down and bought a pair of haircutting scissors and decided to take the plunge! After the girls woke up from their nap last night, Kristy put them in their highchairs for a snack and we went to work on Emma. Kristy stood behind her and held her head still, while I brushed her bangs down (they came to her chin), and then started snipping away. The hard part was not to laugh too hard while cutting, and I did end up snipping a little too short, but it looks so much better! After Kristy left, Aunt Jana and I took the girls to Friendlys for dinner (who doesn't love that)! The girls behaved very well (except for the food on the floor and the menus flying), and all of our dining neighbors were enamoured of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment