Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Enjoying the Silence

Today is Wednesday, which is bath day here at the Tate house (at least for the girls). After they had their 10am feeding, I cranked up the heat and prepared for tub time...it might be fun for the girls, but it really takes a lot out of me. First, Emma had to pee ALL over herself and the changing table as I was getting her ready...so we had to take a break and clean everything up before we even got her into the bath. Both girls are really starting to enjoy this time on Wednesdays and Sundays. When they were smaller, they HATED being naked, so bath time was not a fun time for them (or me)...but now they love being naked and the warm water...plus I put on the iPod and we sing (they screech and I sing)! The only time they cry is when they are done (it's still cold in the house). What I love best is that they usually pass out from all of the excitement afterwards. So...they are sleeping in their bouncy seats in the kitchen, while I'm relaxing on the couch with a cup of coffee - ahhhh!
Here's some advice on how to get your babies to sleep through the night - buy a WOOMBIE at http://www.woombie.com/ . One of the moms in my Twins Group recommended it and presto...Emma & Robin slept through the night the first time they wore it. UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Now we bring them up for their goodnight bottle between 9 & 10 and they sleep until 6am! I think they would sleep longer, but Daddy has to leave for work at 6:30am, so we wake them up for a feeding. After that they usually go back to sleep for 2-3 hours. I LOVE it!!!!
My next mission is to try to get them to sleep through the night in their own cribs. Unfortunately, they LOVE to snuggle together (must remind them of life in mommy) and when I've tried to keep them in their own cribs, they fuss throughout the night. So for now I'll let them co-sleep and just enjoy that I get to sleep for 6-7 hours at a stretch!
Gotta run...the crying has started (again).
PS - The photos of bath time are from when the girls were 3 weeks old.

No comments:

Post a Comment