Sunday, January 18, 2009

Some random thoughts for a snowy Sunday... THE PRESIDENT As with any big news event, I've become obsessed with watching the pre-inauguration festivities (while my husband probably wishes I was obsessed with watching the football playoffs). This afternoon I spent the day watching CNN's coverage while Jeremy cleared the inches of snow from our driveway and walk. While our economy really blows, I think this a good time for our girls to come into the world and grow up. We have a new President coming into office, and while I'm not 100% sure we'll have "the change" everyone keeps hoping for, there is a good chance it's gonna happen...I don't think it can get much worse, and I'm 100% sure it will be better than the last 8 years. I hope that we as a global community will start to change the way we think...towards the economy, towards the environment, towards the way we live. This is just my little wish for a better world. FOOTBALL I have to talk football, since I'm sitting here listening to the NFC Championship. Last year we had the opportunity to attend the Superbowl in Arizona, and it looks like this year the Cardinals might go to the Superbowl. My best friend, Rozzie and her family are BIG TIME Cardinals fans, and I'm sure they're jumping for joy right about now. The funny thing is that she's having a baby real soon, and I don't think she's going to be traveling for the game...I have a feeling the rest of the family will be going, but not Rozzie! Don't worry Rozzie...we'll have to do something here in snowy Boston to celebrate! While I'm sad the Patriots didn't make the playoffs, it is nice to see my college (SU) quarterback in the playoffs (and fellow parent of twins) - Donovan McNabb...after a couple of crappy years...this might be his year to go all the way. SNOW I hate snow...I hate being stuck in the house for a week...I hate having to bundle up two babies to go 20 feet to the car...I really hate having to walk the dog (and he hates having to go outside)...I hate shoveling (but now I have an excuse not to help)...I just wonder why we put up with this. If my husband got a job somewhere warm...I'd hop on board that party train and get out of here (fast). BABIES I love my babies (of course)...everyday there is something new to like about them...like a giggle or a big smile. Right now Emma is sitting in her bouncy at my feet and smiling up at me...why? Because I'm me, and she just loves me for being me and nothing else!

No comments:

Post a Comment